Monday, August 10, 2009

My Current Smoking Gear

Every pipe smoker knows that he/she needs to have a set of good smoking gear. This mainly includes: your pipe, your lighter, and your tobacco. You need all three of these to be able to enjoy the pleasures of smoking. Without further adieu, my current smoking gear:

Here is my pipe. Quite an excellent pipe if you ask me. It has a nice wooden red color. This goes well for my smoking character since I enjoy smoking cherry flavored pipe tobacco the most. I have smoked out of this one quite a lot, and it has an excellent cake buildup. Cake is the layering of tobacco resin inside your pipe. It is good to have a nice even layer of cake.

Next up on the list: my pipe lighter. You don't have to have a pipe lighter, you could use a BIC lighter or some other junker from your local Wawa or 7eleven, however I do recommend a pipe lighter.

Pipe lighters light to the side, rather than straight up. This make's it easier to get the flame inside the pipe when lighting your tobacco. Some pipe lighters come with pipe tools attached. My lighter has such tools which is a real convenience. You have your tamper, scraper, and poker: all perfect for using pipes. Nearly all pipe lighters can be refueled using butane. Butane refills are pretty cheap and can last you quite some time.

Last but not least, my tobacco! There are many, many, many pipe tobacco flavors. The particular flavor that I currently have is called "Foxy Lady". I don't really know why, but it sure tastes good. I think the name is just a gimmick. The flavor is thick with vanilla and creame and other subtle flavors that I just can't put my finger on. It smells as good as it tastes.

There you have it, my current smoking gear! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some tobacco to smoke.

2 comments:

  1. The Keefer is a high quality kief pollen scraper and scoop. Giving you a better more efficient solution to gathering and collecting your kief/pollen. This tool accessory is guaranteed to get the job done. kief scraper

    ReplyDelete